- SPACE THERMAL ENGINEER
- Thermal Engineer
Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Thermal lead of space projects.
• Work as part of the project team throughout the product development life cycle, from early feasibility studies to the justification of the thermal design by analysis and tests.
• Planning of the project thermal activities (WP definition and risk management) to ensure that the tasks are completed on time, quality and cost.
• Review of customer documentation and drawings together with the identification of critical requirements and technical risks.
• Build geometrical and thermal models (GMM and TMM) and perform relevant analyses using standard thermal software.
• Detailed thermal analysis and design of space components and systems. Critical evaluation of the analysis and test results.
• Issue of project technical documentation (in English).
• Support verification test campaigns by performing test predictions and test correlations and reviewing test procedures and reports (and attending the tests if required).
• Participate in progress meetings and reviews.
• Provide technical support to the preparation of proposals and to the thermal engineering department: support to other projects, R&D and standardization activities.
• Knowledge and application of internal procedures and processes and relevant international standards (ECSS, ESCC).
• Master degree in relevant discipline (thermal engineering or equivalent).
• Strong background in space thermal modelling, analysis, design and verification. Minimum experience: 5 years.
• Very good background and knowledge of thermal control components (HP, LHPs, MLIs, radiators, coatings, thermal interface materials and passive EEE parts such as heaters and thermistors) and spacecraft systems.
• Very good knowledge space thermal analysis tools: ESATAN-TMS and/or Systema/Thermica. Other: Ecosim Pro, thermal FEM tools (Ansys, Patran).
• Basic knowledge of CAE tools: Catia or Solidwork.
• Knowledge in other engineering disciplines (electrical, structural, mechanisms) and project aspects (manufacturing and integration) would be a plus.
• Experience in thermal testing would be a plus.
• Ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage own tasks.
• Proficient in English (spoken and written): C1 minimum.